We are residents of Germantown, Gaithersburg, and the surrounding areas in the metropolitan Washington DC area who have been called to take a public stand against LeRoy Carhart’s late term abortion clinic through a weekly prayer vigil on Monday mornings from 8:00 to 10:00am. Find out WHY WE COME TO GERMANTOWN!
Reasons Why Women Have Abortions in Germantown
- Something is wrong with the baby and a doctor advised it ("fetal anomalies")
- Someone else wants them to have the abortion (parents, father of baby, family)
- Because it will bring to light a sexual relationship that no one knows about (unmarried girls, married women having affairs)
- Inconvenient time to have a baby (college students, athletes, very young girls in High School)
- Can’t afford (another) baby
- Birth control failed
Our vigils started shortly after Germantown Reproductive Health Services opened its doors for late term abortions in December, 2010. Since then, thousands of people have taken time from their busy lives to walk and pray for the closing of the clinic, and for the women who go there. We represent many Christian denominations including; Catholic, Presbyterian, Evangelical, Baptist, and others. We are committed to peaceful, prayerful protests and we have been there every week since the late term abortions started.
We have experienced great blessings as we’ve weathered the outdoor elements, the harassment and scorn of some, and the indifference of many in the community. The fact is that babies are being saved and lives transformed as we continue to come Monday mornings to be a presence, and Stand for Life.
A civilized society that kills its weakest and most helpless members is not civil at all. Many are unaware that Maryland law permits the killing of fully formed babies up to the moment of birth. The alarm must be sounded and we will not stop until this weekly end of the lives of innocent children whose only offense is that they exist, ends.
Take 90 seconds to see what life is like in the womb that ends, each week, in Germantown.